For the first character, I am using the following functionalities:
- Torso controls with advanced twist, stretchy spine with x axis scale joints.
- Head constrains, that allow the rotations to center anywhere (neck, torso, shoulders, etc.).
- Neck locks and shoulder constrains, one control for rotations and another for translations.
- Arm and shoulder, forward and inverse kinematics for rotations and translations.
- Elbow locking, with stretchy forearm centered on lock position.
- Independent hand controls.
- Leg forward and inverse kinematics with knee lock and reverse foot.
- Skinning the body using Maya Muscles following anatomy and reinforcing edge loops.
- Facial expressions with Maya blendShapes.